One of the things I love about the NuWave oven is that I can still bake desserts that taste wonderfull and are loved by my whole family. The other day I found a strawberry shortcake recipe that I wanted to try in my infrared oven and it became an instant favorite for the kids. Let me share the recipe with you, so you can try it too. Believe me, it’s so easy to make that you’ll be adding it to your list of regular recipes in no time, I’m sure.
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of baking mix
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 1/2 Tbs of sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs of butter (or margarine, but I prefer butter when I’m baking. The taste is SO much better, I promise)
Directions for strawberry shortcake recipe
- Mix the sugar and the strawberries together and set aside for now.
- Stir the baking mix, milk, sugar and butter together until you get a soft dough.
- Create small balls from the dough and put them on the bottom liner pan, which you sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake 9 minute on High.
- Once they are done, cut the warm cakes in half and fill them with the strawberry mixture. Top with whipped cream.
I had planned to take pictures when I had them done, but to be honest, they disappeared so fast, I didn’t have time to take a picture of how they looked. When I make them next time, I’ll make sure to get a picture done before my kids get to them.
When you try this strawberry shortcake recipe yourself, feel free to share your results with us below. I’d love to hear how your family enjoyed it or if you had to change things.
Looking for more delicious recipes you can make in your own infrared oven? Check out The Nuwave Oven Cookbook for 101 recipes that will make you look like a gourmet cook. Don’t have a NuWave oven yet? Check out my review for the NuWave 20322 oven.