Considering the space constraints imposed by the average kitchen, it is expected that the infrared oven will be able to cook almost anything. However, if you are planning on cooking vegetables with an infrared oven and run a search for recipes, you’re likely to end up with endless meat preparations. While it is true that meat recipes involve extensive use of vegetables, sometimes you may be seeking a simple recipe for cooking vegetables with an infrared oven. Therefore, we have compiled below a list of two simple but delicious recipes for vegetables.
1. Cheese and Veggie Servings (Servings : 4)
- Onion Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Mayonnaise – ¾ cup
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner rolls – 12 ounces
- Sliced olives
- Dill weed – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetables ( finely cut)- cauliflower, carrot, mushroom, green peppers, broccoli, beans, baby corn etc.
Directions to cook:
- Press the crescent rolls together. Place them in the container such that the bottom of the container is fully covered. Now cook for 8 to 10 minutes until the golden brown color comes. Leave the preparations to cool for some time.
- Mix all the ingredients, except the vegetables and spread on cooled crust. On the top of this sprinkle all the finely chopped vegetables.
- Cut into pieces and serve.
Now that we have learned the basics of cooking vegetables with an infrared oven through this recipe, we will proceed with a more complex but highly popular recipe – Vegetable Lasagne.
2. Vegetable Lasagne (Servings: 6)
- sour cream – 1 cup
- part-skim ricotta cheese – 1 (16 ounce) container
- condensed cream of mushroom soup – 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans
- cheddar cheese (shredded)- 2 cups
- parmesan cheese (grated) – 1 cup
- garlic and herb seasoning (soup mix or can us onion soup mix) – 1 ounce
- frozen broccoli, thawed & chopped fine – 1 (10 ounce) package
- frozen carrots (grated) – 1 (10 ounce) package
Directions to cook:
- Grease the baking dish. Combine eggs, ricotta cheese, mushroom soup cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, sour cream and soup mix in a medium sized bowl.
- Place the noodles, cheese mixture, broccoli and carrots in layers one above the other and repeat the same with cheese at the top in the prepared dish.
- Put the same in an infrared cookware, cover and place on high heat for 15 minutes. Garnish and serve hot.
This recipe, being more complex in preparation takes around 40 minutes to complete.
As can be seen from the above recipes, cooking vegetables is even simpler than cooking meat. Indeed, once you have successfully tried out these recipes on your friends and family, you will find that the culinary possibilities – whether you are cooking vegetables with an infrared oven or cooking meat – are indeed endless.